Journey to Parenthood

I want to be purposeful about journaling during this time in our lives as we watch our miracle micro preemie, Asher, continue to grow and thrive. I began this blog during my month of bed rest at the hospital while I was pregnant with Asher and his brother Titus. We continue to hope and trust the Lord for Asher's future. This blog begins with the story of how both of our boys came to be. They came about after many tears, many prayers, and many months of crushed hopes. On February 2, 2012, our boys Titus Bauer and Asher Mark were born at just 23 weeks and 2 days gestation. My water around Titus broke at 19 weeks, so his lungs were very underdeveloped. Titus lived 45 minutes and is now living a perfect life in heaven as he watches over his little brother Asher. Two and a half years later God redeemed our story of hurt with a precious full term baby brother for Asher. We are humbled by how the Lord has loved on us in our journey through parenthood.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Kangeroo Care and Working on my Paci!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED Kangaroo care!! So glad you are getting to do do it now. I say do it as often and for as long as possible. I really believe it helped our little 29 weeker get out of the NICU in only 6 weeks. I've been keeping up with your story and my heart goes out to you and your family. Asher is such a little fighter, I'm so impressed with his strength and determination. It's the feisty ones that strive. As a survivor of a preemie in the NICU there a couple of things I'd like to offer my 2 cents on. Kanga care is everything, any amount of breastmilk you can offer is super bonus, and shower your love on that little boy as much as possible, he knows. It is a roller coaster, but it's also a ride worth taking. If you can get excited to go visit Asher every day, anticipate positive news and enter his room with a smile on your face, he will know and reciprocate. I will continue to send thoughts and prayers for Asher to continue on his path of progressing with his breathing and gaining weight, growing strong and being able to be your little boy in your arms every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! I needed that when I read this yesterday. I had a "bad" holding experience where his stats weren't good part of the time and I was feeling discouraged. So, thank you!! And thank you for your prayers, they mean so much!

      Delete