Asher just got back and they were able to get a feeding tube down his throat. He did really well and is trying to wake up now. His esophagus is almost completely blocked by scar tissue or something. They did some biopsies to learn more, but thankfully they were able to get a feeding tube through a hole the size of a pin prick in his esophagus. They didn't try to clear the blockage today because of his size. The plan now is to wait until he grows about 2 more pounds before they go back in to try to clear the blockage by slowly stretching his esophagus over several weeks. The Doctor said that we will be here at least another 6 weeks to deal with all of this. Please pray for patience and endurance for all of us. We were really hoping to get to take Asher home soon but this will really extend that timeline. However, we are very thankful that he's at a place where they can help him get through all of this! Thanks again for all of your prayers!!!
2 months ago