Journey to Parenthood

I want to be purposeful about journaling during this time in our lives as we watch our miracle micro preemie, Asher, continue to grow and thrive. I began this blog during my month of bed rest at the hospital while I was pregnant with Asher and his brother Titus. We continue to hope and trust the Lord for Asher's future. This blog begins with the story of how both of our boys came to be. They came about after many tears, many prayers, and many months of crushed hopes. On February 2, 2012, our boys Titus Bauer and Asher Mark were born at just 23 weeks and 2 days gestation. My water around Titus broke at 19 weeks, so his lungs were very underdeveloped. Titus lived 45 minutes and is now living a perfect life in heaven as he watches over his little brother Asher. Two and a half years later God redeemed our story of hurt with a precious full term baby brother for Asher. We are humbled by how the Lord has loved on us in our journey through parenthood.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Our Pumpkin Patch 2012






We have an awesome Pumpkin Patch not far from us and it's a fall tradition for families in this area to go there with their kiddos in October. I had been kind of feeling sad after seeing all the pictures of families on FB at the pumpkin patch and many had little ones with them who are the same age as Asher. We had decided we would just wait until next year to take him just to avoid crowds- even though it's an outdoor event. So, without me knowing, Bryan went and bought several pumpkins and gourds and set them in the backyard so we could have our own pumpkin patch! He surprised me one night and told me he'd already asked my friend to help us take pictures the next day. SO SWEET. So thankful he hears my heart and loves me well.











5 comments:

  1. Just checking in on your blog and I am SHOCKED at how big and beautiful sweet Asher is! He's precious. So glad you all seem to be doing well. Continuing to pray for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is awfully sweet of Bryan! What a husband!! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to a podcast today from Feb. Your pastor was praying for your twins. I am pregnant and at week 20. When the pastor said you started having contractions at week 19...I just can't imagine how scary that was. I am so sorry you lost Titus. I had to Google you to see how Asher was doing. I am thankful that God answered prayer from that podcast to preserve Asher's life. The pastor also prayed that Asher would someday know Jesus as his Savior and go into the baptismal waters. I hope that Asher is healthy through RSV season and can someday know Christ! Your faith is encouraging to me, so thank you for sharing. I sometimes struggle with keeping up with a toddler and being pregnant, but your story reminded me to be thankful for any situation God puts me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for looking us up and leaving this message! We hope the same for Asher. It's amazing what God has done in his little body. Just babies in general are amazing works of God! Congratulations on your little one on the way! And yes, I can imagine having a toddler and being pregnant would be challenging some days! Thanks again for your message.

    ReplyDelete