Journey to Parenthood

I want to be purposeful about journaling during this time in our lives as we watch our miracle micro preemie, Asher, continue to grow and thrive. I began this blog during my month of bed rest at the hospital while I was pregnant with Asher and his brother Titus. We continue to hope and trust the Lord for Asher's future. This blog begins with the story of how both of our boys came to be. They came about after many tears, many prayers, and many months of crushed hopes. On February 2, 2012, our boys Titus Bauer and Asher Mark were born at just 23 weeks and 2 days gestation. My water around Titus broke at 19 weeks, so his lungs were very underdeveloped. Titus lived 45 minutes and is now living a perfect life in heaven as he watches over his little brother Asher. Two and a half years later God redeemed our story of hurt with a precious full term baby brother for Asher. We are humbled by how the Lord has loved on us in our journey through parenthood.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Asher's Room


Asher's room is just about complete, finally! I'm still working on a shadow box of all our NICU keepsakes like blood pressure cuffs, c-pap head gear, leads, tiny diapers, mom and dad name tags...lots of little things that were our "norm" for 5 months! I think I'm going to need a bigger shadow box after I gathered up all we had. The desk and chest of drawers were my bedroom furniture growing up, and before that they were my mom's furniture! We will add the glider we got to his room once he is staying in his crib. It was fun to work on his room in the midst of our long nicu stay. Some days it was a fun escape, and others I avoided it because it made me sad because I wondered when he'd really be here and be using all these things we had for him. It's so fun to have him here! Exhausting some days...but fun and a huge blessing. I still can't believe I walk around my house with a baby and walk into my room and he's there sleeping. Just incredible there's this little person with us God created in me. Since I wasn't pregnant very long, I have to remind myself sometimes I actually carried him and he didn't just come from the NICU! 






On top of chest of drawers


Monthly pictures


Wall above the desk/changing table area

We are so thankful for this beautiful crib from Bryan's parents!





Above the crib 



   







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story. I have been following since your boys were born and praying for you along the way. I have been blessed by reading and I see God's amazing grace. Continued prayers for you all and many blessings to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have 25 weekers that are now 5.5 years old and despite brain bleeds and a long road they are doing well. Your little miracle is beautiful! Love your blog, my friends Sarah G shared the link with me. God bless your family! I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete