Journey to Parenthood

I want to be purposeful about journaling during this time in our lives as we watch our miracle micro preemie, Asher, continue to grow and thrive. I began this blog during my month of bed rest at the hospital while I was pregnant with Asher and his brother Titus. We continue to hope and trust the Lord for Asher's future. This blog begins with the story of how both of our boys came to be. They came about after many tears, many prayers, and many months of crushed hopes. On February 2, 2012, our boys Titus Bauer and Asher Mark were born at just 23 weeks and 2 days gestation. My water around Titus broke at 19 weeks, so his lungs were very underdeveloped. Titus lived 45 minutes and is now living a perfect life in heaven as he watches over his little brother Asher. Two and a half years later God redeemed our story of hurt with a precious full term baby brother for Asher. We are humbled by how the Lord has loved on us in our journey through parenthood.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day- "And these Words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children. " Deuteronomy 6:6-7

   We celebrated Bryan's first Father's Day today! What a blessing it is to have a son, and especially our miracle boy Asher. We are beyond thankful. Bryan is such an amazing daddy. He EVEN changes DIRTY diapers! (Something he swore he wouldn't be able to do!) More than that..he's an amazing provider for us, and loves us both so well. He is so sweet with Asher and gentle, and I just can't wait to see them together in the future! Asher already looks so much like his daddy and if he acts like him too...well, I'll have my hands full!! I'm also so thankful for how Bryan took care of Titus. I'm so proud of all he did for him when I couldn't be there. He's the only family member Titus was with before he passed away, and I was blown away with how his daddy proclaimed, and still does proclaim God's goodness through all of this- even in the moments immediately after watching Titus pass away. His strength is rock solid and I know that's all the Lord, and I'm just so thankful that Jesus got a hold of my husband's heart when he did!  I know I am a better woman, wife, and mother because of Bryan. I know my son will be a better son, and hopefully one day a better husband and father because of the example he grew up with. I look forward to all the joys and challenges of raising Asher together with my Godly, loving husband.




ALSO- Asher has been a CHAMP with the bottle the past 4 days! On Thursday the Dr's decided he could start trying to take a bottle since he had one dilation to stretch his esophagus. He blew us all away! He's been taking anywhere from half to his entire feed from a bottle on every feeding! We are so proud! He has another procedure tomorrow to stretch it again. Hopefully it happens in the morning so he can get back to eating sooner than later! He's becoming very very aware of eating, and is READY to eat pretty much exactly 3 hours from the last feeding. Guess he's liking routine...like his momma. :) And his love for eating has helped him gain weight too! He's up to 6 lbs 11 oz!! 








1 comment:

  1. Go Asher! You continue to amaze me. We're rooting for you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete