Journey to Parenthood

I want to be purposeful about journaling during this time in our lives as we watch our miracle micro preemie, Asher, continue to grow and thrive. I began this blog during my month of bed rest at the hospital while I was pregnant with Asher and his brother Titus. We continue to hope and trust the Lord for Asher's future. This blog begins with the story of how both of our boys came to be. They came about after many tears, many prayers, and many months of crushed hopes. On February 2, 2012, our boys Titus Bauer and Asher Mark were born at just 23 weeks and 2 days gestation. My water around Titus broke at 19 weeks, so his lungs were very underdeveloped. Titus lived 45 minutes and is now living a perfect life in heaven as he watches over his little brother Asher. Two and a half years later God redeemed our story of hurt with a precious full term baby brother for Asher. We are humbled by how the Lord has loved on us in our journey through parenthood.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

11 Months Old!

I love this boy more and more each day! He's getting so crazy! He is not still EVER. Holding him is like a wrestling sport now unless you walk around, then he's entertained. But sitting or standing still- NOT FUN to this 11 mo (7mo) old! I love it though. I remember wondering when he would be that way. So, I love seeing his personality and craziness come out.








Dear Asher, 
  Happy 11 months and 7 months!! You are SO crazy now! You NEVER want to be still. Except when you are sleeping. You move all the time and grab anything that comes near your hands. I LOVE it! I love seeing your personality. You will often get busy playing..and then look up and around for me and then just stare at me until I talk to you. Then you smile and squeal or giggle. It's SO cute! You do it to your daddy too when he comes home. You LOVE it when he talks to you! We found your ticklish spot this month too. It's so fun to make you giggle. You got ANOTHER tooth and you have a 3rd one peeking through too. You have one top tooth and now 2 on the bottom. You have now eaten apples, pears, peaches, bananas, prunes, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, and carrots! You are a little unsure about eating very much these last 2 weeks or so, but we will keep working on that. You just have to learn why we eat, and I know it will all make sense one day because you are such a smart boy! You had your first Christmas and New Year's this month. It was so special!! You even helped unwrap some presents. You are getting stronger everyday. You roll all around now....but not too much on your tummy. You still don't like that. I wonder if it's your button that bothers you. You are working on sitting up, and enjoying playing on your tummy. You have gotten many new toys this month and you love them all. You are also learning how to pick up small objects and you are doing so well at that! We practice that when you are done eating but you are still in the high chair. I put some puffs on the tray, and you play and try to grab them. You are getting so big and smart, we are so proud of you. You always have such a good attitude and we can make you laugh even if you are upset. We love you so much. We can't wait to celebrate your FIRST birthday in just one month!! 

Love, 
Mommy and Daddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment